Jessica Art Blog
I think I'm starting to get the hang of this. I've learned a lot in the last year, including a few things that don't make it in the manual, probably because they are so obvious no one really thinks they need saying.
Well, looking at an earlier post, I think I've learned and relearned some of them!
1) Hand-sewing quilting thread is just that. Do not put it in the machine. It will not thank you.
2) Ironing is important; very important (Actually, one or two people probably told me this; I just had to learn it the hard way--my last bag is a bit rumpled because I skimped).
3) If you get cross; stop. If you do not stop, Bad Things Will Happen. (Ok, I know this one, too, but I'm a slow learner).
4) Straight Lines Happen. If you just let the feed dogs take care of it, you will get a straight line.
This, to me, is an amazing event. I mean, I don't really resemble any Pratchett character much(1_, and I don't think I'm very much like Bloody Stupid Johnson, but I do tend to share his belief that straight lines are things that happen to other people.
5) You know, this sewing thing . . . it's actually kind of fun.
And I'd better be doing some!
(1)Which is sort of a pity. I mean, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to be a bit like Granny Weatherwax.