ArtId Art Blog
by artid , December 8, 2008—12:00 AM
Chances are if you__™ve been on the Internet at all lately, you__™ve heard of Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter and probably a handful of other social media sites. You may be an active participant, a casual observer, or someone who is dead set against spending your time making ___friends___. Whatever category you fall into, it__™s important to understand that as an artist looking to market your art, using social media is a must.
Luckily, using social media is actually fun and the variety of social media sites out there allows you to tailor your strategy to meet your specific needs and entertainment preferences. Below is some advice to help you as an ArtId member make the most out of social media.
1. Join three or more of your favorite social media sites. (here__™s a few we like)
___ Facebook " for connecting with people and keeping them up to date with what your™re up to. ___ LinkedIn __" like Facebook, but geared toward business. ___ Flickr __" to share images of your work - especially liked by photographers. ___ Twitter __" to share your daily life in blurbs.
2. List your ArtId gallery as your website.
3. Invite your mailing list to view you on different social media sites __" including ArtId!
4. Join Groups __" most social media sites have groups you can join to connect with people about a similar interest.
5. Comment on or start discussions inside groups. Don__™t join and not let anybody know you are there.
6. Listen to what people are talking about and write about that subject in your blog.
7. Suggest your blog as a good resource.
8. Exchange links in your blog with your social media community.
9. Announce the completion of a new work, an upcoming exhibit, a recent sale, or a new blog post on all your sites on a regular basis.
10. Link back to ArtId. as often as possible so people can easily buy your art.
If you follow the above suggestions, you__™ll begin to see more hits to your ArtId Gallery. Like most new marketing strategies it takes time before you see results, but before you know it, you__™ll be reaching a whole new world of potential customers and have fun doing it!