Art Marketing Online Art Blog
Sell Your Art Using PayPal!
Minds Island has launched a new feature that enables Silver and Gold members to easily sell artwork directly from their studios, and accept credit cards or checks. The only thing our members need is a PayPal account.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is the most popular method for sending money online - whether it's to pay someone or for you to receive payment.
- It's private and fast
- The other party does not see your bank account or credit card details - PayPal acts as the middleman
- There's no waiting for checks to clear
- Sellers can ship immediately and buyers get their stuff quicker.
What Kind of PayPal Account Do You Need?
PayPal offers a variety of different accounts.
- Personal Account: This is the basic account, primarily for shopping online. You can accept bank account or PayPal balance-funded payments for free and up to five credit or debit card payments per year (with a 4.9% fee taken from each sale you make).
- Premier Account: With this type of account, the fees for selling your work when the buyer pays with a credit card are lower: 2.9%. You can also get a PayPal credit/ATM card which will give you easy access to money you receive.
- Business Account: Similar to the premier account, but adds some features that small business may appreciate (like multiple user accounts, etc.). Probably not useful for the solo artist.
We are recommending our members sign up for a 'Premier' PayPal Account. Click the banner below to get started:
How To Get Started Once You Have Your PayPal Account
Once you have a PayPal account, log into your Minds Island Studio and click on the 'ACCOUNT' tab. Now click on the last tab in the row called 'PayPal'. You will see a blank space to type in your PayPal account name. Enter your account name (we will never ask for your PayPal password!) and click OK. That's all there is to it.
Now have a look at your studio: you will see 'BUY NOW' buttons next to every art item that is available for sale inside your studio. When you send clients to your MI studio, and they click the 'BUY NOW' button, they will be walked through the purchase process that automatically includes a shipping cost based on your artwork weight, dimensions, and the buyer's address (shipping rates are calculated via UPS).
Make sure you have filled in the shipping information for each of your art items (height, width, and weight). You can do this when you are logged into your studio: click on the 'Art Manager' tab and edit the information for each of your items.
Additional Things To Remember:
Please make sure your email address is up to date inside your Minds Island Studio. This is where you will receive emails about purchases made through your studio.
Another reminder, never ever give your personal information out via an email link. If you think you have received an email from Pay Pal asking you to update your personal information by "clicking this link"...*DO NOT DO IT*. Pay Pal will ask you to go directly to www.paypal.com for anything you will need to do with them. If you are ever confused, CALL US. Don't click on links in suspicious emails. Whenever you are on the PayPal site, the beginning of the address should always be https://www.paypal.com.
See How Our Members are Using PayPal Now!
If you would like to see a couple of member studios currently using our Pay Pal connection, visit Kitti Scibelli and Duane Gamble. Duane is a very savvy "PayPal user" if anyone wants to ask him questions.