Selling You Art Using PayPal
ArtId allows Silver and Gold members to easily sell artwork directly from their ArtId’s and accept credit cards or checks. The only thing members need is a PayPal account.
- What is PayPal?
- What kind of PayPal account do I Need?
- How do I get started once I have a PayPal account?
- I received an email I think is from PayPal, but I'm not sure...
- How do I sign up?
- How do I set my Shipping Preferences and Costs in PayPal?
What is PayPal?
PayPal is the most popular method for sending money online - whether it's to pay someone or for you to receive payment.
- It's private and fast
- The other party does not see your bank account or credit card details
- PayPal acts as the middleman.
- There's no waiting for checks to clear.
- Sellers can ship immediately and buyers get their stuff quicker.
What kind of PayPal account do I need?
PayPal offers a variety of different accounts.
- Personal Account: This is the basic account, primarily for shopping online. You can accept bank account or PayPal balance-funded payments for free and up to five credit or debit card payments per year (with a 4.9% fee taken from each sale you make).
- Premier Account: With this type of account, the fees for selling your work when the buyer pays with a credit card are lower: 2.9%. You can also get a PayPal credit/ATM card which will give you easy access to money you receive.
- Business Account: Similar to the premier account, but adds some features that small business may appreciate (like multiple user accounts, etc.). Probably not useful for the solo artist.
We are recommending our members sign up for a 'Premier' PayPal Account.
How Do I Get Started Once You Have Your PayPal Account?
Once you have a PayPal account, log into your ArtId and click on the "Paypal
Prefs" link under "Account" in your ArtId. You directed to type
in your PayPal account name. Enter your account name (we will never ask for
your PayPal password!) and click OK. That's all there is to it.
You will see 'BUY NOW' buttons next to every art item that is available for sale inside your gallery. When you send patrons to your ArtId, and they click the 'BUY NOW' button, they will be walked through the purchase process that automatically includes a shipping cost based on your artwork weight, dimensions, and the buyer's address (shipping rates are calculated via UPS).
Make sure you have filled in the shipping information for each of your art items (height, width, and weight). You can do this when you are logged into your studio: click on the 'Art Manager' link and edit the information for each of your items.
Please make sure your email address is up to date inside your ArtId. This is where you will receive emails about purchases made through your gallery.
I received an email I think is from PayPal, but I'm not sure...
Never ever give your personal information out via an email link. If you think you have received an email from Pay Pal asking you to update your personal information by "clicking this link"...DO NOT DO IT. PayPal will ask you to go directly to www.paypal.com for anything you will need to do with them. If you are ever confused, CALL US. Don't click on links in suspicious emails. Whenever you are on the PayPal site, the beginning of the address should always be https://www.paypal.com.
Sign Up For Paypal
If you don‘t already have a PayPal account, sign up for one today:
How do I set my Shipping Preferences and Costs in PayPal?
Artists can set their own shipping preferences and rates using their PayPal account. Any sale through ArtId via PayPal will be processed with your shipping rates applied once you have completed the following steps.
- 1. Go to PayPal.com and set up a free "Business" account. (Go to Step 3)
- 2. If you have a "Personal" account in PayPal, upgrade to a free "Business" account.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click "Upgrade Account" in the Enhance Your Account box.
- Click "Upgrade Now".
- Choose "Business" account.
- Click Continue.
- Fill in your business information and click Continue.
- 3. When you have a Business account, set you shipping preferences.
- Click on the Profile tab.
- Under "Selling Preferences", click on "Shipping Calculations" and "Shipping Preferences". Set your preferences accordingly.